hi
Ricardo
2010-02-01 20:35:35 UTC
hi myst fans! whats up?
Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
2010-02-01 21:02:22 UTC
Post by Ricardo
hi myst fans! whats up?
Apparently not much :-/

I sometimes wonder if there are any Myst fans left and where they might gather...

ML
"I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!"
(Ford as Dr. Jones Jr. in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark')
Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
2010-02-02 18:02:35 UTC
On Feb 1, 10:02 pm, "Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch"
Post by Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
Post by Ricardo
hi myst fans! whats up?
I sometimes wonder if there are any Myst fans left and where they might gather...
*raises hand*

There's still stuff going on in forums like MYSTcommunity, Guild of
Writers, mystonline.com (Cyan-run), UruObsession and DPWR. Nowhere
near as much as half a decade ago, though.

Sören Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
2010-02-02 18:13:20 UTC
Post by Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
On Feb 1, 10:02 pm, "Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch"
Post by Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
I sometimes wonder if there are any Myst fans left and
where they might gather...
*raises hand*
Aha, life! 8-D

That's great!
Post by Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
There's still stuff going on in forums like MYSTcommunity, Guild of
Writers, mystonline.com (Cyan-run), UruObsession and DPWR. Nowhere
near as much as half a decade ago, though.
Of, course not. Thanks for the info, Sören Nils!
At least it's good to know this newsgroup is not representative! ;-)

In fact I still have to play Uru and its (offline) extensions.

They are right here in the midst of my stack of games to play, beneath "Beyond Good and Evil" and "The Longest Journey". So it may take some time. ;-)

Relished Myst, Riven, Myst III-V multiple times since they came out though... ;)

Sören, did you happen to play Real Myst ?
What's your opinion about that one?
I only played a demo once (on a slow computer) and it looked to me like a beta test for the Myst V real-time engine... ;) ;) ;)

It's the only Myst game that's still missing in my shelves...

Bye,
ML
Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
2010-02-03 15:08:00 UTC
Post by Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
Sören, did you happen to play Real Myst ?
What's your opinion about that one?
I've played some of it; the weather effects are a great addition and
it has some easter eggs (which were particularly interesting at the
time since some of them show very early screenshots of what eventually
became Uru and Myst V). Other than that, it's Myst shoehorned into an
entirely different sort of technical environment, but done relatively
well.
Post by Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
I only played a demo once (on a slow computer) and it looked to me like a beta test for the Myst V real-time engine... ;) ;) ;)
Technically, for Uru (which had been in development for a few years),
not for Myst V (which wasn't on the radar; had Uru been successful,
Myst V wouldn't have been done).
Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
2010-02-08 20:19:26 UTC
Post by Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
Post by Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
Sören, did you happen to play Real Myst ?
What's your opinion about that one?
I've played some of it; the weather effects are a great addition and
Ah, yes, I remember the weather effects from the demo! 8-D
Post by Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
it has some easter eggs (which were particularly interesting at the
time since some of them show very early screenshots of what eventually
became Uru and Myst V). Other than that, it's Myst shoehorned into an
Interesting, I didn't know that.
Post by Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
entirely different sort of technical environment,
but done relatively
well.
Okey.
Post by Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
Post by Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
I only played a demo once (on a slow computer) and it looked
to me like a beta test for the Myst V real-time engine... ;) ;) ;)
Technically, for Uru (which had been in development for a few years),
not for Myst V (which wasn't on the radar; had Uru been successful,
Oops, my bad, that's what I meant actually, the engine they were developing at the time...
Post by Soeren Nils 'chucker' Kuklau
Myst V wouldn't have been done).
Ah, I see!

Thx for all this information!

ML
Deg
2010-02-03 15:20:42 UTC
On Feb 2, 1:13 pm, "Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch"
[...]
Beyond Good & Evil is a great game too, you'll enjoy that.
Once you've finished Uru, you might want to check out some fan-made
additions to it. You can find out more at http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle

I enjoyed realMYST too. There's a demo of the Stoneship Age floating
around somewhere. You can pick it up for $6 at http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/real_myst

Cheers,
- Deg -
Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
2010-02-08 20:24:35 UTC
Post by Deg
Beyond Good & Evil is a great game too, you'll enjoy that.
Sounds good to me, hurray! 8-D
Post by Deg
Once you've finished Uru, you might want to check out some fan-made
additions to it. You can find out more at http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle
Thx! But it'll take some time until I've finished that one... ;)
Post by Deg
I enjoyed realMYST too. There's a demo of the Stoneship Age floating
around somewhere.
Yeah, that's the one I remember playing...
Post by Deg
You can pick it up for $6 at http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/real_myst
Ah, GOG again. From them I already got "Mega Race 3", "Beneath a Steel Sky", and "Lure of a Temptress", the last two for free.

I even thought about getting my third copy of Myst from them, just to get a more compatible version than the original CD and the "Masterpiece" edition, but it's not clear to me if it is so.
Post by Deg
Cheers,
- Deg -
Bye,